"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, January 24, 2002

Firstly, thanks Cheryl for giving up your nap to listen to me. Thanks for being sensitive enough to know that something was wrong. You're a gem :)
Wanted to post my thoughts yesterday. Wrote a whole page of it but Blogspot publishing was down. Perhaps it was good thing. I dunno, I saved it on Word. Sometimes you love the idea of a blog because you can post whatever you want, whenever you want. Other times you're afraid because you never know who might stumble upon your words. Suddenly you're exposed to the world and though anonymous, you possess a certain identity.
So am I gonna post what I wrote yesterday? Maybe I'll just take the drama out of it and sum it up in one word - disappointment. In people, I guess. It's not that I'm perfect myself but that's not really an excuse for expecting less of people. I am someone who expects a lot - from the people I know and especially the people close to me. I expect people to understand, to make the effort, to be generally nice, to love me for the good and bad that I am. You shouldn't only have friends when you're nice, when you're exhibiting your best behaviour. Those aren't friends. Friends understand and accept and don't go out to make you look like an idiot. Friends cover for you. A friend is someone who sees you trip in front of the largest crowd and then puts aside her pride and trips as well, laughing with you so you're not the only idiot there.
~ So I guess my word for the day is - disappointment ~
Going out for dinner with a coupla people later. Don't really want to go. Heck, I don't even know who's going to be there. I'll be meeting up with someone I haven't met for a long time, someone I thought was one of my better friends but who apparently didn't think the same way of me (as I found out through a common friend). Ha, NOT an evening I'm looking forward to. I don't even want to go now. Gosh, I just sold myself out of it. Way to go, marketing student.... cheers mate, I hope I get drunk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger