"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, March 24, 2002

Went to the symphony. The Western Australian Symphony Orchestra (WASO) is having their "Masters" season. Tonight, the guest conductor was from Russia. I can't remember his name because I forgot to take the booklet back. It wasn't the programme though. That cost $7 and I refuse to pay $7 for a programme. The concertmaster was really good though. He's only 24 - one of the youngest in the orchestra but oh-so-good with the violin. There were times he pulled a note so high yet so gently and softly that the complete silence after that gave me a rush of adrenalin. Needless to say, everyone else was just holding their breath. You could feel the lack of exhalation in the concert hall. Amazing. I wish I could play the violin. Or the cello. I will pick up a string instrument one day and yes, you know I'm not talking about the guitar.
Anyway, it's the Murdoch week break now. I still haven't settled my units yet. I've sent out 3 letters to 3 different ad agencies here asking for a work placement. However, I still haven't found a supervisor for my ISC. That's really not a good thing but we'll see how it goes.
For the moment, I'm missing the rush I used to get from stepping onto stage for a performance. The straight shoulders; the walk, the clicking of heels across wood-panelled floor; the turn of the head; the smile (I used to smile till my cheeks hurt), all done with poise and pride, knowing you had respect for your craft; for the many, many, many hours spent perfecting it, knowing you can never give a "best" performance. Truly phenomenal.
I'm a little light-headed now. I think I shall whisk myself off to a deep slumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger