"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, December 11, 2004

I just came back from Bethany Mission Home. Or was that Bethany Methodist Home? Anyway, it's a nursing home under the care of the Methodist Welfare Services. We went there to perform at their little Christmas concert (read previous post) and I think the residents really liked it.

So the minute I arrived and stepped into the chapel, I started tearing. Wimp. I always cry when I'm at a nursing home. Cried my way through "Morning Has Broken" in Primary 6, sobbed at a nursing home in Albany, WA, and now this. My friend asked me if I ever thought about joining a ministry that reaches out to old people. I don't think I would. I mean, if I'm gonna cry every time I see them, I'd be pretty poor company don't you think? They'd be like, "why is this girl always so sad to see us??" But the fact of the matter is - I'm selfish. I don't want to commit myself to them because I know they don't have much time. And I don't want to be heartbroken when they pass on. Aren't I disgusting? I'm afraid I'll be hurt but I'm thinking only of ME. I just can't bring myself to give a bit of my heart to them. It's pathetic. I'm ashamed of myself.

See, now I don't even know how to end this post. I guess I'll just crawl into a hole and hide for a century. Selfish me again. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger