"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I know I promised photos of all the excitement, so I'll share just one photo first :)

IOC-1

Are the British absolutely charming and gorgeous or what?!?! PM Blair was so wonderful! And Sebastian Coe was such a gentleman as well. Seriously, I don't think I've ever been this starstruck in my life! :)

Here's a picture of me supporting the London bid:

Melissa

We went to work in sporting gear today - track shoes and all - and, after we were given the cue, ran into the ballroom where the press conference was being held, and shouted, "London, here we come!!!" Our GM presented Sebastian Coe with a huge bouquet of flowers and a poster of the London 2012 logo, which we all signed congratulatory messages on. It was heaps fun. Especially getting to wear sport gear to work (but we had to change after that) and being in the presence of sporting stars and international press. It's an experience I'll probably never ever forget.

That said, I abhor the attacks on London today. Nothing to do with the Olympics but the attacks were senseless and cowardly. And very, very cruel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger