"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, June 22, 2002

Hey :)

Didn't expect to be online any time soon but Wei Ren's out at the moment and I asked if I could use his computer. So here I am, on my own in a new environment. Slept pretty well last night but that was due to the fact that I was called out to a meeting at about 12.30am and returned shortly after 3am :) Had a good time sharing and all though.

First dinner in the house last night - pasta, soup and red wine :) What a nice way to kickstart another phase of life. Still not done unpacking though. Heaps of stuff to get through. Plus, I've just realised that I forgot to pack my drinking apparatus (don't know whether to call it a cup or a mug - you know Lil, the Starbucks one you got me). Need to make another trip back to my flat to get that and my food in the fridge.

Wow. Thank you, those of you who responded to my last post. It's really easy to think you're all alone when the people who care for you may not necessarily be physically present. So yes, thank you. We've all got our own baggage and that's alright. You know you can count on me to help you shoulder it when it's crunch time.

Been focusing too much on what I don't have. Finally realised (thanks to a good friend) that it was impeding me from greater works, from pouring my entire being into the lives of other people. And that is essentially what I want to do - to leave an imprint of the Lord and a breath of my life wherever I go. It doesn't matter if people don't open up in response to me or don't reciprocate my pouring out. That's not important anymore. When it boils down to it, it's about giving and not receiving. I think I might have finally understood that. Granted, sometimes I might whinge about not having someone to run the race with me but I really hope that does not cloud my vision and rob the world of what the Lord wants to do through me. That would be the ultimate act of selfishness and I really hope it never comes to that.

I see you through the glass panel, Cheryl. I know you'll be there anytime. Give me a big hug when you see me yah? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger