"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, June 02, 2003


But seriously....

The question on my mind at the moment is - should I explore the possibility of doing what I might actually enjoy doing at the expense of 2 months' pay and possibly doing the whole job search thing again after 2 months. I think I would really enjoy it though. Writing, that is. For a magazine. But I can't shrug off that nagging thought at the back of my mind that some people might think it's yet another career move blunder on my part (since I know many already think the job I'm in is a classic career blunder in itself). You know, I look around at the people I know and they're all doing so well. I don't care about earning big bucks and that concerns me. Because I wonder if it's irresponsible of me to take my time to figure out what I want to do and not start earning money to support myself. Is it irresponsible to quit a job I'm not happy in, that doesn't pay well, that is not what I want to do; and go for an internship which pays nothing and may be an area I want to go into?

The Bohemian in me says: Go for it. Go with your heart. Take your time. Discover yourself. Relax. Go at your own pace. Don't compare yourself with others. Don't bother about what other people think. Express yourself. Be free. You're still young.

The Singaporean in me says: Other people your age are already settled in good jobs. How much is in your bank? You want to take money from your parents forever? What are you doing with your life? You're so indecisive. You're not getting any younger.

The Aussie in me says: I've been to cities that never close down/From New York to Rome and old London town/But no matter how far or how wide I roam/I still call Australia hoooome....

The Couch potato in me says: Hey, there's Friends on tonight!

The Party gal in me says: Ok, I'm meeting Audrey tomorrow, the girls on wednesday night and Cheryl for margaritas sometime this week.

The Housewife in me says: Hmm... I need to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. Why do I always have to do laundry. I need to buy more clothes so I don't need to do laundry all the time. Let's look for Party gal and go shopping.

Oh, I am such a confused young lady.... Oh, woe is me.... *hands in the air*

Hahaha... sometimes, we all just need to chill out :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger