"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Friday, May 09, 2003


Love Song For A Saviour

I'm having songwriter's block. There's like all this music in me that's just not coming out. And the worst thing is, I actually feel the music in me. I don't know if that sounds ridiculous to you but it feels like I'm musically constipated. Ok no, that didn't sound very nice. You know, sometimes the more you try and write something, the more it gets stuck and refuses to come out. So sometimes I just play my guitar and pretend that I'm not going to write a song. But every other part of me knows I am secretly hoping a song will come out of it. Doesn't work that way, ladies and gentlemen. You know how they say the greatest love songs are usually borne out of great sadness, trials and pain? Partly true. Most of my songs were borne out of great testing and tribulation, in times when I had to cry out, literally, to the Lord. Most of them were written in my "desert experience" - in my loneliness and helplessness.

But there are also love songs borne out of intense gratitude and overwhelming love and awe. And when you look back on those songs, you remember the moments where your heart was lifted to new heights because you discovered a new aspect of the Father, where you had an amazing personal one-to-one with Him. And those are the songs that make you feel so tiny in the grand scheme of things. So tiny, yet so precious.

And you remember that even though your songs aren't good enough to make it to the top ten list, they made it to His top ten list :) And that makes it all worthwhile. Because your audience of One is pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger