"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, May 01, 2003

Sheep (and other food)

Have you ever noticed that sheep look really funny? I mean, both ha-ha-funny and weird-funny. Especially in those funny sheep cartoons they show on cable. And in real life, they look kinda scary. And somewhat blur. They've got this perpetual "duuuh..." look on their faces. Which is also probably why their bleating sounds like a bored, frustrated whine. But enough of sheep-bashing. Some positivity please.

I love lamb. Yummy juicy lamb. I love tender lamb shanks, where the meat just falls off the bone. Bertini's in Freo has excellent lamb shanks. You guys know where Bertini's is right? It's just next to Cicerello's. They've changed chefs now so I'm not sure if the lamb is still praiseworthy. Rack of lamb is also good. But hard to eat. You risk bone, meat and gravy flying all over the place. Lamb chops are ok. Give me a tender beef steak anytime though. I'm really hungry now. I'll have to wait till tomorrow when I meet Lil for lunch at Olio and I'll go have the crayfish pasta I've been craving since JANUARY. I deserve a good crayfish pasta for that long wait.

Oh yeah, Kel and I were just talking about mussels and oysters the night before. Did you know that Mos Burger now has crumbed mussels??? They're really yummy too. I think it's garlic and lemon. Very nice. But expensive - $3 for 5 mussels in a little Mos Burger paper bag. $7.95 for 15 mussels. But we agreed that if we really had a craving, we'd buy them. Cravings are dangerous. They make a person do very bad things.

Gonna lie back and relax now. I've got 2 days off and I intend to make full use of them to RELAX and rest my feet. Somewhat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger