"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, May 08, 2003


Hiccups

With my usual stoned don't-you-even-dare-utter-a-word-in-my-presence look, I walked through the deserted shopping mall towards the train station. For some reason, the hiccups hit me. So, where before, I boasted a cool look of steel, I was now walking in some kind of a fit with sporadic spasms and a funny noise most people hear as, "hic!". So all the way to the train station, down the escalators, on the cold stone bench in the station, I attempted to minimise the convulsions and alien noise that was annoyingly difficult to quell. All this time, I dreaded the prospect of being in close human contact in the train (that would predictably be packed each morning at 7.45). Somehow, the thought of sudden jerks and hic!s in a train full of people didn't appeal to me. Then the amazing thing happened. It stopped. The minute I got in to join my fellow sardines, the hiccups stopped. And all I remember from the journey was saying, "Thank God" about a gazillion times. Oh, and there was this rather good-looking dude as well. But that was about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger