"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Sundays are depressing. Because you know you have to go back to work the next day. And for someone who works 5 1/2 days, you never seem to get enough rest. I'm really really looking forward to the weekend retreat. As of now, I have 2 days of leave left. For next year. The screwed up Human Resources department never fails to amaze me. Staff welfare is like ZILCH at my office and the only things they try to do are organise monthly birthday parties (which my boss and I never hear about) where a handful of people go to eat cold samosas, chicken wings and drink Fanta orange in 1.5L bottles. Oh, and they also try to organise trips to Malacca or something.. which NOBODY goes for and so they eventually cancel it. In the first place, we don't have enough leave to spare to go to Malaysia Truly Asia. Secondly, even if we DID have leave, we wouldn't want to spend it with people from work!! Do they not understand that??? I rarely call people stupid because I don't think people should be called that. Everyone is intelligent in one way or another. BUT, I have to say that my HR department does suffer from a mild case of stupidity (there, I was nice. I said "mild" even though I meant "severe").

But enough griping about the above-mentioned department. The New Year is coming and I have to resolve to be a better person. As I always do each year. And always fail miserably. There's something about making resolutions. It's jinxed I tell you. If you don't say it out loud, you'd probably be able to do it but once you RESOLVE to do it, it's bye bye baby.

I'm getting used to being alone. Now and then, I cry the mandatory tear (as you must for the next 3 or so months) and my heart feels like it's being wrenched and battered. But aside from all the drama, I'm fumbling along, trying not to be melodramatic about it and resisting the urge to get help. I don't need help anyway, I'm Superwoman.

Yes I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger