"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Had dinner at the hotel with Queenie last night. She says I look more grown up each time she sees me... haha.. Well, technically, I am a little older each time we meet up :) The last time I saw her was at Ernie & Wen's wedding in December. So last night, we shared a little, updated each other, talked, ate, talked, ate, ate, ate... good stuff, the fellowship. I'm so proud of the way she's handled life's curveballs and allowed the Lord to be sovereign in her life. It's something I've tried to do for so long and perhaps have given up doing. It gets harder and harder as you grow up and lose that childlike simplicity of faith, as you succumb to the temptations of the world, as you give in to self and as you meet people who don't subscribe to the same principles. Recently, a new friend I made asked me what I do on the weekends. I replied that I go to church, to which he said, "You must be a pretty good, decent, honest person. At this age, to still go to church, you're pretty decent." And I thought about that and felt a little sad. His take was that people our age aren't really into religion anymore. But it's not about religion. It really isn't. It's a relationship. A deep personal relationship with God. And yes, I feel so hypocritical for saying this now. I really do. But I know what my faith stands for, even though I'm not the best example of it.

Here's something I wrote when I was in Perth. One of my first songs that I showed Louella and got her stamp of approval for. I remember her being quite strict about what songs could be "released", and rightfully so. Anyway, here it is:

More Of You

I am so unworthy, Lord
Apart from You I can boast of nothing
There's too much of me in my life
Won't You shine Your light
Into the darkness of my soul
And fill me with more of You
More of You

Lord fill me more each day
Reach into my heart
I want more of You
Less of me
More of You in me.


My time in Perth was certainly fruitful. Whether or not it was just a one-off remains to be seen.

Stay tuned, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger