"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I just had a long chat over the phone with my mom's friend, discussing mom's condition. It's times like these I'm grateful for people who care, who show their support and concern for me and my family. It's really tough coping with mom's illness. Often, I'm at a loss for what to do and how to react. Many times, I let my anger and frustration get the better of me and I lash out at her. But I know it's not her fault because she doesn't know what she's doing or saying anymore.

I guess if there's one thing I missed out on in my life, it's having a mother. The way our relationship went, I never really knew what it was like to have one and now that she's sick, I guess I'll never know. Maybe when I get married, I might find one in my mother-in-law. But it's never the same you know? Am I sad or do I feel shortchanged? I don't know. Maybe a little. I've always been slightly jealous of girlfriends who have great relationships with their mothers. And I've always found the whole "maternal bond" thing far-fetched and hyped-up. But then they say us females are generally more "daddy's girls". I mean, my dad isn't perfect but he's both mom and dad to me. And I really appreciate him for that. He's a role model.

I don't know what happens from here. I'll just hang in there and watch the circus go on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey babe, i'm sorry to hear about your mum. lemme know if i can do anything.

love, en.

6:14 pm

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks dear... she's got Alzheimer's. You know anything about that? No cure presently right?

12:23 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am SO sorry to hear that. no, there's no straight up cure now but you can certainly delay effects through drug treatment (the doctor should've prescribed this). there are studies for vaccine on mice.. but i don't know how advanced/permissible that is on humans. :) it has been pretty good with the mice though.

above all, she needs additional support but your family does too. Al's is very very very sapping on the support network and you need to take very good care of yourself and get help when you feel that you're slipping away. i mean that, alright? in 4 years i can start charging you but for now, someone else will get the dough =)

take care.

12:05 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger