"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, September 16, 2002

So it's finally here. Tomorrow's the day. Tomorrow formally marks the completion of 3 years of madness. It's been a heck of a ride. I'm biting my nails in anticipation. Not.

My graduation. You know, I'm not sure how many of you see it this way but for me, it's one of the defining moments of my life. It's one that says, "Hey, you're ok. You made it this far." So I did. So I tried. So I passed. So I get a degree. So what.

It's a pretty picture - young girl, fresh grad, plenty of opportunities waiting for her, journey just beginning.... I hope I don't make a mess of it. Like I did the past 20-odd years of my life. I want to see the world through rose-coloured glasses again. I'm losing it. I'm becoming a cynic.

Where's everyone? Where are all the people who are important to me? Lost. Paul, I've lost you. You don't even read this. I don't know why I even bother. Lil, I think I've lost you too. I don't know where you are anymore (and I don't mean literally). And I'm not berating anyone. I'm indulging in my sadness. Which probably isn't a good thing. But I suppose that's what you do when you become a cynic.

So what's the catalyst? What's making me rant like a raving madman? Yes, graduation. Or more specifically, my really short guest list. Perhaps one of the worst feelings in the world is having tickets for your convo, which are not in demand. By your friends. Or family. Yes, I know mom and bro couldn't help it. I know they couldn't get leave but shucks, it hurts. It stinging hurts. And I know Lil or Cheryl or Paul couldn't be here. That's not their fault at all and I don't love them any less for that. Shucks. it really does hurt. I miss everyone.

Enough griping. I think I shall go indulge in some retail therapy. Dad will be in town in a few hours. Must look happy to see him. It's not that I'm not happy. Sigh, I should just stop complaining about who's not here and appreciate who's here. I don't want to age prematurely. See ya'll.. will update on the ceremony. Might not be so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger