"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, October 28, 2002

Ok, I guess I'm blogging again. Things happen when you start looking for a job.

I was at the MITA website (for the uninitiated, that's the Ministry for Information and the Arts) and there are lots of interesting job vacancies there for positions that I would be really interested in and would be really relevant to my degree as well. I can see how my experience at the Freo City Council would really help in some of these job scopes. I would apply in an instant.

BUT?

They only want Honours graduates. Honours or higher, they say. From a recognised university. *insert Batman cartoon sequence - POW!! BAM!!* Indeed, it was a big slap in the face. Ouch. For an instant, I felt embarrassed and humiliated (good thing it was only the computer screen I was facing). I will admit I was a bit stunned as well. So I stared blankly at the computer screen for a while and closed the window.

Am I upset? A leeeetle beeet :) But they have every right to decide who they want on their team and who's to blame them for wanting the best of the best? Sometimes, though, the best don't come with fancy degrees. And vice versa. No offense to my friends who are currently pursuing higher degrees. I admire you and respect you for what you're doing and encourage you to persevere.

Well, that's life I guess. A closed door here means an open one somewhere else. And I know God has the best plans for me, so there's no reason to gripe incessantly. I know I have people praying for me and I have the best Intercessor in the world. No worries :)

Except I gotta go take some photos and look good in them. Hahaha.. *deep breath* here goes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger