"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Lilian, you have the weirdest experiences. Just where do you meet all these surreal characters?? I mean, Ah Boy?? Haha.. oh, and er, watery eyes and runny nose? Welcome to the club. More than glad to have you join in my perennial pain and suffering :)

So the weather yesterday wasn't half bad. Half good enough for me to take a swim downstairs. Now swimming has always been an activity with its perks and not-so perks. So yesterday I was at the pool, happily doing my laps when a group of pre-pubescent boys descended on the calm waters. Never mind, swim on. But ooohh no, they had to have a game of frisbee or whatever in the water. So yes, go ahead, form your big square, just don't get in my way. Olympic training going on, boys. DO NOT get in my way. And of course, as all pseudo-condo pools are, my pool isn't exactly olympic-sized. So what happens? They get in my way. Had to change my course just to avoid them. Soooo not happy about that. NOT HAPPY, boys.

On the other hand, swimming is a very enjoyable activity because you can so absolutely do it alone or with people. I don't mind either but since I don't really talk with my companions while swimming, it doesn't really matter whether I'm alone or not (notice I said "swimming" and not "frolicking" or "tanning". The latter 2 are totally different altogether and we will discuss them at another time). Also, swimming allows for pensive moments, forcing you to actually think about stuff. So yes, I had a good think about stuff yesterday. Mainly my spiritual life. Which will not be discussed here. For obvious reasons. It's personal. Yes. I think you got that.

Therefore, in addition to the many benefits of exercise, swimming allows for a variety of other activities, providing a platform for mental stimulation and allowing its participant to practise anger management. That, ladies and gentlemen, would have been typical of what this author would normally present as a sentence in any of her many university essays. And she would like to add that she has had to turn in many, many essays in the course of her 3 years at uni. Oh so many. Many. Many essays. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger