"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

"There was a time when people said that Singapore won't make it, but we did...."

In case you're wondering, I'm singing patriotic national day songs in my head. My nose is clogged and my eyes are semi-swollen. Ah yes, the joys of returning to one's homeland. I'm a quitter who has returned. My brother says I'm a returner.

Day 2 in Merlionland. I have to say Singapore looks a whole lot better at night than it does in the day. Maybe it's because you can't see much at night. Okay Mel, stop. I'm so terribly catty. I disgust myself. Not really.

Meeting Mandy and Lilian today. That means I'll be setting foot in public transport! First time in a long while! Easi-link/EZ-link/Easy-link cards!!

Ugh. I do disgust myself.

It won't be so bad. It'll be fine. I'll be fine. I've just asked Dad to get ice kacang on his way back from lunch. I had chai tao kueh (how in the world do you spell it???) for brekkie. Food should heal everything right?

No.

Maybe I'll indulge in retail therapy. That ought to make me happy for a few hours. Then I'll come back and open up my packages, smile and put them aside, pick up photo albums, letters, cards... and cry.

I'm torn between cutting myself off from people, things and thoughts of Perth; and dwelling on them. Should I move on? Leave those relationships behind? Or should I hold on? Fight for them with everything I've got? Is there an in-between? What's that and how do you achieve it?

Nicole, I hope you're enjoying the car.

I haven't unpacked. I look at my luggage and it makes me want to faint. 6 pieces of luggage. I'm intensely jealous of all those people who have connections in the airline industry and don't have to pay for excess baggage and get bumped up to business class all the time.

Mole-y, mole-y, mole-y, mole

Hi Ash, how're you doing?

I think I'll go look at the cookbook I got from Randy and Auntie. That ought to make me feel better. Food always does right? waitaminute, we've been through this already...

Hello furry pasta...

Hello Bobbie, how're you doing?

Hellooo...

I think I'm going mad... and I'm not joking.

help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger