"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, September 21, 2002

I've never felt so far away from God before. It's an extremely scary feeling. Suddenly, I'm walking alone. I'm by myself in the vast unknown. No hand to hold, no one before me, no one behind me. It's incredibly scary. It's all your insecurities hovering over you, swallowing you up at the same time. To not know where you're headed for eternity is a horrible, horrible feeling.

At the same time, there's an image to be upheld. I'm in a position of leadership. I had cell responsibilities. I'm actively serving in church. I can't let people see the distance between God and myself. So what happens? The defense mechanisms lock in place. Everyone else is wrong, everyone else is against you, everything becomes personal. It's not a good position to be in. At all.

So this morning, I decided I needed to make my peace with God. Not for anyone. For myself. For my relationship with the most important Person in the world, the most important Person in my life. I can't waste away. I will not waste away. I refuse to stop loving Him. I refuse to give up my God.

It will not be an easy journey. I've struggled so much these few years. I've been shaken up, slapped in the face, shoved, stabbed, punched (none of them literally)... I've come too far to let it all go. I'm not ashamed to say I'm going through all this, or that I've been through all this. I'm not ashamed to say that my relationship with the Lord is not perfect and is far from it. I've made a commitment to Him and I need to stick to it. It's so, so, so difficult and I'm gonna need all the help I can get. So if anyone's reading this, here's my plea - walk with me in my journey. For too long, I've tried to please man. It doesn't work. Please, if anyone of you is trying to please man before God, it DOESN'T WORK. Been hurt too many times to want to see people go down that same path. Don't do it.

I'm the prodigal daughter. Now I know what it feels like. As I said before, I've NEVER been so far from God before (except in my pre-Christian days). But I'm slowly making my way back. And it feels good :) I don't want it to be just a romantic feeling. There will be times when it's a very active choice. A deliberate decision. A leap of faith. In essence, a commitment. And it's the same in every kind of relationship isn't it?

Thank God for His grace and faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger