"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

So I'm back from Albany. The accommodation was far from perfect (7 girls in a tiny caravan - yes, 3 of them were little girls but ooooh, the terrors!), the food was more than I could ask for (chicken rice, fish and chicken porridge, bacon and eggs, frozen DURIAN - all courtesy of uncle Kum Yoke) and the company was, well, uh... interesting.

But it was extremely successful in that I've come to see a different side to the uncles and aunties in church and they're really very funny people (albeit strange at times...). FCC is certainly not there yet but there is so much potential. Potential for good.

THe best thing that came out of the whole trip was being able to bless the old folks and get a chance to talk to some of them. It's amazing how old they are. Playing a song for them was addictive because you just want to do it over and over again to more people, reminding them that they are special in God's eyes. I know I wasn't singing very loud or speaking very loud and I know that most of them probably couldn't hear me well but I also know that the Holy Spirit touched some lives those 3 days. And it was nothing to do with me. Simply awesome. That He would use a dirty, unworthy girl who breaks His heart all the time... it's beyond me.

4 days to departure. Fear and trepidation. Cliches running through my head. I feel my heart pounding in my ears. Will begin a countdown soon. Argh. Help. I don't want to go back. I really don't. But at the same time, I'm weary of Perth. Sometimes, you know when it's time to go. It's time.

So many things left unsettled though. So many relationships that I've just formed in the last few days will have to be cut short/put on hold. I need to sell my car. Anyone interested? MIght as well advertise here huh:

-1985 Honda Civic
- 5-door hatchback
- 5-speed manual
- 1.6L
- extremely fuel efficient
- recently serviced
- Sony CD player
- Kenwood speakers
- $1,500 o.n.o

There you go. I need to sell it in the next few days. Give me a buzz if you're interested. Not putting up my number cos if you're reading this, you probably have it and if you don't, you'll know how to get it.

Going to the Perth Royal Show later. EXCITED!!!! But I have to wait for someone to get OUT OF THE SHOWER.... dumdeedumdeedum.... oh, there's a really adorable dog at my place now. His name's Ash but he's white as snow. I don'[t understand. Must be some really profound meaning behind it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger