"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Friday, October 11, 2002

I was on the bus today when it started filling up. I don't know about you but when the seats start to fill up and more people come on board, I mentally go, "not here, not here" as they walk past me. I start looking a little colder, a tad less friendly and maybe even scowl a little so they won't sit next to me. Haha.. I'm such an idiot... call it being possessive of my personal space but for some reason, I'm just not perfectly comfortable with a stranger coming too close.

So anyway, here I am, going "not here, not here" and looking at the faces of the passengers walking by (you know you're in trouble when they look at you and then at the empty space next to you), when this lady sits plops herself down next to me. Okay, I've conceded defeat. That's not it. She sits close enough so that her entire arm is pressed against mine. Well, not forcefully pressed but more than a brush. And she didn't make any effort to move. So there I am, more than just a little uncomfortable that this stranger has her arm making full contact with mine. BUT, the fact that she didn't move told me she was comfortable with where her arm was and that implied that she was comfortable with me and that, in turn, made me feel kinda flattered :)

So there you have it - what started out as a mildly awkward, uncomfortable situation for me ended up boosting my morale. Yay.

Listening to Burt Bacharach. I do think he's a fantastic songwriter. Amazing. I love "Magic Moments". For a long time, I only knew it as the Christmas jingle Metro used. Or was it Centrepoint? Aaanywaaay, I think it's a great song :)

Thus endeth the day's ramblings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger