"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, October 12, 2002

Had a lovely evening catching up on the latest goss with Cheryl. We had pasta and frozen margaritas (you can never stop at one glass!) at Tango's. It's nice to be able to be a complete idiot with a friend (I will not elaborate. I promised not to :))

So anyhows, meeting up with people has made it that bit easier for me in terms of adjusting back to life in the hazy sticky urban landscape that is Singapore. I'm pushing away thoughts of Perth now as I type this. It's an active thing. You can't just sit there and expect to assimilate back into the culture and scenery just like that. It takes work. It's a matter of actively telling myself, "Look, I'm back now, I can't do anything to change that. Let's just get with the program. Rock and roll, chick". Well maybe not exactly that way but you know what I mean. It's not easy and I'll be the first to admit that. Maybe it's easier for some, harder for others and perhaps some are ambivalent. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who's been away for 3 years or more, can come back and adjust back to life like they never left. When you go overseas for a number of years, you cannot expect to come back the same person. I'm not the same Mel I was when I left 3 1/2 years ago. Thank God I'm not. But while you come back changed in some ways, you cannot expect that people here will remain unchanged. Time and experiences shape and mould. It's difficult to go through life without changing unless you're cold, hard and resistant.

At the moment, I'm rather directionless. I know what I must do but I'm not doing it. I believe the apostle Paul went through the same thing. Sigh... I should get my act together.

Q: Why is it sooooooo hot here??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger