"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Congratulations Cheryl on becoming an auntie! Welcome, little one, into this big big world :) You were born in tumultous times. But the future is bright because there's always hope when Daddy God's in charge!

I have been kept occupied at work (I think that's what I'm paid to do anyway). We're just starting to put together all the Valentine's Day stuff and I'm busy writing press releases. I realised that a year ago, the first press release I wrote was for Valentine's Day. And I remember my boss saying it was a good first attempt. Now I've come full circle. I don't really know how to describe the feeling I'm feeling now but it's one of satisfaction, of knowing I've come this far. That I chose to stick it out and hang on. I've come some way. Yes I have :)

So in the process of writing my press release, I searched the web for some quirky quotes on love to start off my thought process and, therefore, the writing. And I found some that were real meaningful and some that were funny. Here are my favourites:

"Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean that they don't love you with all they have." - Truman Capote

"Love is being stupid together." - Paul Velery

"Love is not something you feel. It's something you do." - David Wilkerson

"Start living now. Stop saving the china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materialises. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath is a gift from God." - Mary Manin Morrissey


Ok, lest you think I've gone mushy, let me assure you that I'm quite level-headed and far from the mushy love road :) I think at the present, my head is resting pretty securely on my shoulders and I haven't floated off to rebound land/Cloud 9. I think the worst is over. The storm (this one, at least) has pretty much passed. And like the people in South Asia, I'm slowly picking up the pieces of my life again. I don't want to be complacent though. Will let you know how I'm doing again once I've crossed the Valentine's Day hurdle. That will be a challenge :)

I'm smiley again though.

:)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger