"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I don't think I've been getting enough sleep the past few days. I'm so tired at work and after hours. I feel really bad when I go out with people after work because I can be such bad company. I'm usually so pooped I don't say much. Add that to the fact that I'm a horrible introvert, it's a bit of a let-down. Strange thing though - I was once (during last year's retreat) in a car with Jayne and Jon and we were talking about personalities. Both of them were in disbelief when I said I was an introvert. That sent off warning bells in my head. Does that mean I have a façade? From the bottom of my heart, I really am an introvert, no matter what I seem to be to you. It's just strange that people see me as this fast-talking, loud extrovert when, at my natural self, I'm really not. Eeep. Did I just say "my natural self"? I do have a façade!

So how did this alter-ego come about? I don't think it's a bad thing altogether. It's not that I'm trying to be someone else, it's just another part of me that shows through in certain situations. When I'm in a group, I can be funny and say stupid things and laugh hysterically. But I tend to be quieter and clam up when I'm alone with someone. Unless I'm TOTALLY comfortable with the person. Then I can make a complete fool of myself and I wouldn't care. I even noticed that when I'm with Jayne and Jon, I go crazy. But when I'm alone with either, I become this meek demure person. Which leads me to the revelation that I'm maybe not such a one-to-one person? Is that why I can't seem to stay in a relationship???

Oh well, that's another story for another day. I'll leave you with a picture of me with Jayne, Jon and Gene at the Media table during last year's camp. Jayne and Jon are the ones making peace signs. So cute :)

media team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger