"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, October 16, 2005

So I survived the weekend. And now I'm completely exhausted. Worked till 11.15pm on Friday before I got too scared to stay in the quiet office (my desk is all the way at the other end and you can't see it from the door) and finished up my work then packed up and left. Was back about 9 hours later and went full steam with the restaurant opening. The 98.7FM people were there to help and we had Daniel Ong and Carrie Chong as our emcees and roving reporters, so those of you who were tuning in to Perfect 10 on Saturday morning would have heard about our opening.

After that was done, it was on to the wedding show in the ballroom. Immediately. No break in between. Wedding show went alright and finally left the office at about 5.15pm. On a Saturday. Which was to have been my day off. Oh well. Dad asked if we get paid O.T. Haha. That's funny.

Woke up today with a splitting headache and sore eyes (I knew I shouldn't have ogled at the dishy male models at the wedding show...) and literally had to drag myself to church. Was telling a friend that since the day I asked Christ into my life (at 7 years old... heehee..), I have never had this much difficulty getting out of bed on a Sunday morning to go to church. I have to admit that I went today because I had to return a book to Pastor and because I had a ministry meeting after service. My headache was so bad I didn't even make it through worship. Had to go hunting for painkillers and popped two before returning to my seat in utter discomfort. The swollen eyes didn't help matters and I could hardly open them when I stepped out into the sun. It was really really uncomfortable for me. But I'm glad I went to church in the end anyway. Otherwise, I would just have slept the day away and felt sorry for myself at home.

Well I've crossed 2 hurdles over the weekend. I have plenty more to cross with Christmas and New Year preparations at the hotel, LEAP, retreat planning, Adhesive.... but I'm just going to take it one step at a time. I'm just grateful that God was there to see me through this weekend. It's been a tumultous journey and I'm positively exhausted.

That said, the second round interview is tomorrow. I don't feel up to it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger