"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hmm. How shall I explain my absence from the glorious cyberworld? I think I can sum it up well enough by saying that I've been so busy I haven't even had time to pee or poo. And that is not the best thing for my bladder or bowel system is it?

What's happened is that, essentially, my boss has fractured her foot. I'm left to run the department alone. We are opening a new restaurant. On the same day as the wedding show. We were also the official hotel for Nana Mouskouri's great farewell tour. If you're not too sure about how much work goes into these, let me put it this way: any one of the above events would require a team to handle the advertising, designing, collating, collaborating and coordinating of any and everything to do with the public relations and marketing of the event itself. Now, if you skimmed through what I wrote earlier, you might have missed that I said I was "alone" in the department. Which means I am handling ALL these things ALONE. Hence the 11-hour days and infrequent trips to the loo (not because I don't need to but because I don't have the time to).

Oh, of course I have to mention that I also fell sick and had to stay home on Tuesday. Which left me much more work on Wednesday and today and definitely tomorrow. And in the near future. My heart sinks now when I get the "You have new mail" popup on my screen. Each time my mobile rings, I jump. I can't sit through a meal without checking my mobile phone to see if anyone from work's called. I'm a mess.

BUT, as always, Supergirl here will pull through solely by the grace of God. And it's His grace that puts the Super in Supergirl. Without Him, I'm just - girl. Heh.

And here's a big blog hug to Desmond for sending me that gorgeous bouquet of roses to cheer me up at work :) I've never received flowers at the office so that was a really awesome surprise. For your info, the roses are still doing fine. Must be the arctic office aircon. Sometimes, I wear a cardigan over my top and under my jacket suit and it's still cold! I bet ice cream wouldn't melt in my office. It's amazing that the water in my mug doesn't freeze.

Oh I wish some tall dark handsome stranger would whisk me off in his private jet to a looong vacation in the Bahamas. God knows I need the break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger