"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just wanted to really thank Sarah and Esther for their wonderful gift. These dear sisters gave me a book on Alzheimer's and how to care for the patient and also draw strength from God. This could be what I've been needing for the longest time. Perhaps sanity is in sight? Thanks girls, you're the best :)

Today, I was at the Cafe in the hotel and, while using the phone, noticed that the cashier was crying. Turns out she's had a really rough week cos her dad was hospitalised and her mum just got into an accident. I felt really really bad for her. I mean, it's heartbreaking to see a grown woman cry. Especially when she's always been so jovial. My heart just went out to her. I got behind the counter and squatted next to her to give her a big hug and say whatever comforting words I could manage in Mandarin. I can't remember the last time I felt so bad for someone. I could literally feel my heart wrenching when she told her story through her sobs. By evening, she was back to her smiley self. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

Had dinner tonight with 2 couples from my cell group. We had a really good time. Ate in the Cafe then went over to the Billiard Room at Raffles Hotel but it was closed for a function, so we ended up at the Leonidas Cafe in Raffles City. I was trying to convince Pete and Nic to let me be their Mandarin emcee for their wedding but everyone was completely against the idea. We were laughing so much over my horrendous Mandarin that we ended up in stitches the whole evening. I really should practice more.

Alrighty, time for bed. Looong day tomorrow. Am not looking forward to it at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger