"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, September 05, 2005

I just sent in a job application. When I saw the opportunity, I thought yeah, what the heck. It's worth a shot. Doesn't matter if I don't get it, I still have my current job. But now that I've actually sent it in, I feel like I really DO want the job! It's a big company. It's huge in fact. And I could see myself working there.

You know, I've been really picky when it comes to the job search cos I get job updates and I scan through the list, looking at the company names before I even check out the positions. To me, the organisation itself is more important than the job description. Which is why I've made sure that every job and internship I ever had was with a brand that's well-known. Even if it was being a receptionist at the InterContinental. I think the brand lends some credibility to your package. Then again, that's just what I think. I know some people who still make fun of my receptionist stint to this very day.

I have to say that I don't have a single regret about working at the front desk. I learnt heaps, met and made friends with people from all over the world, experienced working the midnight shift, goofed around with my colleagues and never had to take work home after my shift ended. All this - stuff I never thought I'd ever do. I actually had fun then.

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed now. If they call, they'll call. If they don't, life goes on. As does the job search ;) And you know, in so many other areas of my life, I've relinquished that sense of control as well. It's the whole que sera sera thing. I'm done fretting about stuff. I want to fret less and give thanks more. So I'm reviving my "5 things to be thankful for" list. Here goes:

5 things I'm thankful for today:
1. My family
2. My so-far-so-good health
3. The awesome chocolate chip cookie I had this arvo
4. The fan in my room (since my air-conditioning decided on early retirement)
5. My sense of sight cos I saw the most beautiful babies today :)

Hey, whaddaya know, I feel so much happier already! You guys should try it. It's cathartic :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger