"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Today I set foot in the opposition ward for the first time in my life. I have to say, it feels exceptionally different. Pete said the air there seemed fresher. I felt like we were transported to a quiet suburban haven. At the same time, I disagree with Pete because my sensory experience there was rather different. I smelt sewage the whole time, had sand in my eye and endured a minor heat rash. Potong Pasir is quaint. Very different from Clementi, East Coast, Queenstown or Ang Mo Kio. It's just... different. I can't think of another word for it.

So anyway, we were there for our annual LCP3 meeting (and only today did I find out that P3 stands for Prayer, Planning and Pastoral... something's wrong with the grammar right?) cos our church is moving this December to Saint Andrew's Village in Potong Pasir. It is very far away. So far that if I wake up a little late on Sundays, I might as well stay home (my ministry leader gave me a very disapproving look upon hearing my remark... hahaha...).

Well, there's not much that needs updating. Oh, except that Pastor has challenged my cell group to a game of frisbee tomorrow and apparently, the whole congregation knows about it and has been roped in to support his team!! AND, when my cell heard that Pastor's group was short of players, they volunteered to give me to them!! AND, Pastor declined!!! Hahahahaha... ok, there goes any hope for an MVP award then huh...

On a more serious note, I spent some time with God tonight and did a little reflecting. I'm not living my life to the fullest and I have so many issues to deal with. I'm trying really hard to get my life back in order. It's been stalled long enough. I need to engage the gear again so all systems can go. It's not enough to live on past achievements. They count for nothing. Even present achievements count for nothing. Delighting the heart of God needs to be a priority. I have to get rid of the "me" mentality. It's time to stop being selfish.

It's time to grow up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just blog surfing and ran across yours. Good job, I like it!

AWSOME Gardening Gift
website. It contains very cool stuff about Gardening Gift.
Please come and check it out. Enjoy!

11:39 pm

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks for coming by! And yes, cool website indeed :)

10:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger