"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, August 21, 2005

You know how when things get so bad you only have 2 options? Either you stay put and do something about it or you leave and look for something better?

I asked my dad the other day (cos you know, my dad's the fountain of wisdom) if he ever dreaded going to work. He said no. And I told him I did. That I dread going to work almost every single day. And he said, "oh". And that was it.

I think he wants me to be happy but he also doesn't want me to screw up my life. I have a stable job now and I think he's happy that I'm somewhat secure. Even though I earn so little the Singapore Government doesn't think it necessary (or humane) to tax me.

Speaking of the Singapore Government, I was watching the first part of PM Lee's National Day Rally. FWAH! The man speaks Malay like it's his mother tongue! I didn't stick around for the Tamil, Chinese and English sections but I thought he sounded quite decent. Was pleasantly surprised. So as Prime Minister, you get to learn many dialects. And I'm sure many languages too. Wah... that's quite cool hor? Like that I also want to be Prime Minister. I wonder if I need a certificate of eligibility...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey =)

jc here (from a previous work-related post).

Seek solace in the fact that I too earn too little to be taxed?

12:17 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ya, & I've been contemplating the whole "should I look for a better/ another opportunity"

sigh ...

hang in there!

12:18 pm

 
Blogger Melissa said...

Hi jc, nice to see/read you again :) I'm gonna assume that you and anonymous are the same person yes?

Well, I'm trying to look on the bright side of things and find whatever little sunshine there is in the midst of the clouds. You hang in there too!

10:19 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger