"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Warning: The following post is not for the faint-hearted or people like me who are prone to fainting spells or those who do not believe in personal grooming.

So I managed to nick myself on the knee while shaving in the shower. And of course, as in all normal human bodies, blood came out. Ugh. Now, I love blood when it's inside of me. It helps my body function and, you know, basically keeps me alive. When it's outside of me though, it's a whole other story. I get queasy, my heart starts beating a million times per second and I break out in cold sweat. Of course the extent of the above depends on the quantity of blood shed.

Back to the knee. So I felt the mandatory sharp pain that accompanies all lacerations. And I thought, "oh shucks, nicked myself again" and left it at that. I got out of the shower, went back to my room and, while drying off, looked down and realised that the tiny cut had produced a little river of red, running down my leg. Battling a queasy discomfort, I swiped some cotton pads across and cleaned up. But it wouldn't stop. I must have used about 8 pieces of cotton pads before I decided it was pointless and went upstairs to get a plaster. Now my cut is plastered and I can see the blood seeping through the cotton pad in the plaster. I am not a happy girl.

Ok, so anyhow, the cut has been attended to and I didn't faint so that's good. Went for pilates today. I have definitely lost touch and am so out of shape. This calls for more exercise. I intend to be addicted to exercise. Sundays shall be jogging days. Without exception. Except when it rains. Then I'll go to the gym downstairs and have a go on the treadmill. Funny thing is, I don't actually have a problem with my weight or figure. Apart from a little tummy (which I'm told everyone has... except those girls who were pole dancing at that lingerie party at Zouk), I think I'm actually quite a healthy size so kudos to me! It's maintenance mode for me then. We can't take our bodies for granted. Especially since it's the temple of God. Must take good, good care of it :)

Alright, enough for today. Oh, one more thing - us Marcom girls went for the Cover Looks grand opening at Stamford House today and took a photo together. Here it is:

Marcom

Clockwise from top: Cecilia our Brand Executive, my boss Christine, myself and our mum-to-be, Brand Manager Michelle. Expectant mothers always look so radiant :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger