"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Had a lovely evening at Pete's Place. Dinner was yummy, dessert was gorgeous and the company was exceptional :) Glad you had a good time, Cheryl. Here's a pic of Cheryl and I at the bar counter. For other pics, go to Cheryl's site :) Me lazy.. heheh...

Watched Sweet Home Alabama yesterday. It's your typical love story I guess, but with some bittersweet twang. Or maybe it was the southern accent :) Sushi and pool completed the day. All in all, nice :)

You know what? The strangest thing happened to me between last night and this morning. I dreamt I met God. Actually, we called Him. This girl (I think she was one of His angels) gave us His number and we somehow ended up in His house (Which for some really strange reason, was supposed to be my grandma's old house)! When we met Him, He told us (suddenly, it was a group of us) that we had called Him at His battlefield number. He laughed and said the angel should have given us His home number instead. In case you're wondering what He looked like, in my dream He was a really big guy. At times, He was white (as in skin colour) and at times, black. He had a beautiful accent. It was kinda like a mixture but mostly Irish :) He was a fantastic, fantastic guy... I felt so warm yet so in awe at the same time and rather fearful too lest I make a mistake. Then came a more serious part of the dream but it's a bit fuzzy now. I remember asking Him something and being shown that I had the potential to hurt Him. I remember crying so badly I was shaking. I was just crying and crying and crying because I felt the pain that He would feel if I hurt Him. It was awful. Ok, I might be writing in bits and pieces now cos I can't really remember but I'll try to churn out what I can:

Umm.. we were basically taken to different rooms and each person had one-on-one time with the Lord. Everyone had had a turn except me and I was getting a bit jittery (can you blame me?). God was somewhere in the house and I wanted to go look for Him so He could show me my room and talk to me personally. So I went looking for Him and entered a room which was supposed to be my grandfather's room and he was supposed to have passed away in that room (didn't happen in real life of course... my grandfather passed away in a hospital). I felt a bit uneasy and then God appeared and I asked Him if we were gonna talk here and if it was weird for Him (stupid question right? like anything would be too weird for the MAKER of the UNIVERSE!!). Anyway, I saw a row of pencils (or was it pens?) lined up along a table. On top of the row was a laminating sheet, you know the kind you can buy in a roll? Now's the confusing part which I don't really remember but I think I asked Him if it was possible to roll the laminating sheet all across the pens till it reached the end of the table. And I think He said, "You could if you really wanted to, but see these parts? (refering to the space between the pens.. you know, becos pens are cylindrical so even when you put them side by side, there's a little space on top between the pens?) I'll have to get into these kinks and press them in (press the laminating sheet in)" I knew it would hurt to press those parts in. Those were the parts of my life that needed ironing out. And then I just started crying. God was so conscientious. He made sure He'd covered every detail. It shows how much He cares and how I could really hurt Him.

Whether or not heaven looks like my grandfather's house (I hope it doesn't!) or whether God has an Irish accent is inconsequential. What really moved me in the dream was how sweet, fatherly, warm, kind, gentle, in control, firm, yet that weeny bit vulnerable God appeared to be. And it was not because He said anything to give me that impression. It was just HIM. His being. His presence. And I understood what it was to love Him yet fear Him and be in awe of Him at the same time. I'm telling you, it was an awesome, incredible dream. An experience.

So that was my dream. Feel free to ask me anything else or clarify stuff. And um, no, I don't remember His face. Whoa. Still a bit stunned. Catch you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger