"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Was walking to the train station (the distance seemed shorter this time) after work when a man approached me and spoke in relatively brisk mandarin. He said, "xiao jie, ni yao kan xiang ma?". The first thing that came to my mind was that he was a flasher and he was asking if I wanted to see him in his naked glory. But my quick mind also quickly told me that wasn't quite right. So I replayed his question in my head and I thought perhaps he was asking if I wanted to see some photographs. Just as I was about to ask him what photographs, it hit me. He was asking if I wanted my fortune told. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it took me 3 attempts to figure out what this guy was saying in mandarin. Even I have to admit it's pathetic.

So anyway, the guy repeats his question and tells me that I have a good face. You know, a good fortune face or something like that. Aaanyway, I flashed (no pun intended) him a smile and apologetically declined. Whilst walking away, I'm thinking, duh, of course I have good fortune. My Father is the King of kings, how can I not be blessed? I don't need Mr Xiaojieniyaokanxiangma to tell me what the future holds for me. I already know. It's in the last page of the Bible.

So there you have it, that was my little amusing encounter of the day. My other adventure was being attached to the Accounts department today, something I thoroughly enjoyed. I worked for about 3 and a half hours today. I also had a 2 hour lunch (it's an accounting thing. The whole department has 2 hour lunches.. tsk tsk... and they get paid heaps more than me).

All in all a pretty good day. Except for the rain : (

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger