"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, January 29, 2003

I hate the sound of my voice.

It's such a letdown when you realise the groovy voice you hear isn't the same voice people hear. I haven't got the courage to send in a recording for the presenter position. Those of you who know me, know that I sound like a 12 year-old. Imagine a 12 year-old reading a news report BBC-style. It cracks me up. Seriously. Well at least I'm having fun laughing at myself :)

In other news, the wonderful people at Hotel Intercontinental, God bless their souls, have offered me the position of front office assistant. My free-as-a-bird lifestyle ends on the 5th of Feb. Yay. I've always been a strong advocate of attitude. It's all in the attitude I think. Your attitude determines how you perform, how you feel, how you survive. Indulge me this once, 3 months later I could be singing a very different tune. Let me be idealistic for a little while longer.

Ok, so CNY is fast approaching. Here's what I like about it:
1. $$$
2. Mandarin oranges
3. Bah Kua and prawn crackers
4. Those peanut cookies that melt in your mouth. You know, the ones with half a cashew nut on top
5. Meeting the clan
6. Comments like, "wah, so big already ah", "wah, so tall ah" (I really like that one), "wah, getting prettier ah"

Here's what I don't like:
1. Waking up before noon
2. The crowd
3. The feeling of lonliness amidst the crowd
4. Giving 2 mandarin oranges only to have them returned immediately. I mean, I really don't geddit... I know it's customary and all and I don't mean to be rude but I really don't geddit
5. Meeting the clan
6. Comments like, "wah, getting fatter ah", "still no boyfriend ah"

I feel sorry for all married couples who are not doing well in the economic downturn. I'm sorry you still have to give ang pows to kids like me. *snigger*. Ok ok, I'm sorry... but I do know of a relative who's already said she's not going to give ang pows to those who are working. I wonder if I fall into that category. I mean, technically, I only start on the 5th...

So is CNY only about red packets? Like is Christmas only about presents? For me, CNY is an excuse to meet up with extended arms of the family. Other than weddings (and how often do those happen? those that did happen, I missed because I was in Australia), CNY is probably the only other time everybody gets to see everybody else. I guess it's good. Reminds me that I have relatives. Some of my Australian friends have family in Perth, Margaret River, Denmark, Sydney and Melbourne. I, on the other hand, have family in Sengkang, Clementi, Katong, Bukit Timah, Novena (I think) uh... I dunno where else. Singapore is sooo small but sooo foreign to me. Honestly, I don't know where Ang Moh Kio, Aljunied, Lavender, Simei, Potong Pasir, Braddell, Toa Payoh, Admiralty (is that how you spell it?) are. All I know is that they're either north or east. And uh, maybe central. I think I need a tour guide.

Happy Chinese New Year's eve eve eve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger