"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, January 20, 2003

I knew it. I knew it all along.

Melissa, you're single because you don't want to commit

Once the blush of first love wears off with your partners, do you get a little antsy? You probably crave excitement in all realms of your life, and you need a relationship to keep you filled with possibilities. Let us guess: Someone has probably told you that you haven't quite grown up yet, that you're still holding out for the perfect "whatevers" (job, car, home, date) in your life to come a knockin'. Or perhaps you're just having a difficult time accepting that your comfortable little place in this world is always growing, always evolving — and that means you have to be willing to accept big life changes, too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. After all, you're probably a lot of fun to be around and may be the life of the party. But when it comes to settling down, you leave without looking back twice. Now's the time to ask yourself: Why? What's holding you back? Maybe you don't want someone to get to know you fully? Perhaps by saying "yes" to someone, you're afraid you'll lose yourself, or the possibility of something better coming along. Just remember that the best relationships are those that never stop growing. That's something you can identify with, right? So keep that in mind next time you find someone you're really comfortable with. You never know, it may prove even more exciting once you really get to know each other, teensy flaws and all.


Yes, I took the "Why Are You Still Single" test. Sigh. There are a million reasons why I'm still single. Commitment phobia is just one of many. I have this feeling I might be a runaway bride getting a panic attack at the altar and saying, "weeell, I think I do but give me one more week to think about it". But like I said, that's just a minor reason. Yes, it's terribly minor when you look at all the other reasons. Thinking about them is giving me a headache.

Love seems to come so easily for some people. Just put two of them together and boom! Chemistry. And the next thing you know, they're attached. Married. Parents. Yada yada blah blah. One big happy Brady Bunch. Oooh.. I feel the little monster in me coming out...

I have to say I'm losing faith in the male species. Which is a good thing because if you put too much faith in something, you risk your heart getting broken and no number of band-aids can put the shattered pieces back together. Divine healing helps of course but that's another story.

Maybe love is for those who still believe in Santa Claus. For those who dream of being Cinderella. For those who think unicorns really exist. Maybe love is just for those people. The rest of us still have to worry about jobs and saving money and doing the laundry and washing the dishes. Love is a luxury we can't afford, an elusive fantasy, maybe a painful memory.

I think if you actually have someone in your life right now that you love and who loves you back, you should grab them, look them in the eye and tell them you love them. Hopefully, they say it back. If they don't, you're welcome to come join my therapy group. We meet every Valentine's Day and drink ourselves silly.

Anyway, that's just my bit on love. You're most welcome to take me seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger