"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I have been drinking water. Loads of it. Now, those who know me will know that this is a rare event indeed. So why am I drinking water? Because I feel the bug coming. It started with a little sore throat, then the woozy, heavy head and then the compulsive checking for rising forehead temperatures. 2 Strepsils and a number of glasses of water later, I am happy to report that I have yet to succumb to the dreaded flu virus.

My stomach is now making gurgling noises, probably unable to adapt to the sudden influx of water. And, a word of advice - you know how sometimes you need to go to the bathroom but you decide to finish that half a glass of water before going so you won't have to go again later? Doesn't work that way. When you gotta go, you gotta go. You can't expect to go to the can just once if you've consumed an ocean ya know...

They'd better be calling me tomorrow about the job. I'm getting mighty impatient. *insert compulsive foot-tapping*. My stomach's still gurgling. See, I'd always had a nagging suspicion that water was bad for me. Sigh.. this would be one of the worst times to fall sick. I have to make a voice recording for a part-time radio presenting position but I can't do it with a sore throat. Should I get the other job, I can't start work if I'm sick. Plus, Andrew only has a couple of weeks before he leaves and, knowing the long queue there is, being sick really cuts down possible (the operational word being "possible") time with him. It doesn't really bother me if I'm sick over CNY. It's happened before, I'm no newcomer to it. Then again, I missed CNY last year because I was in Perth being an enthusiastic orientation group leader. And did I mention I fell sick? Stomach flu. Uh-huh. I think there's a conspiracy here somewhere.

So anyhow, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I make it this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger