"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

I reeeaaally wanna learn how to play the drums!!!! Argh! It's killing me!!! I've never wanted to learn an instrument this bad.... it's just that, I think I could be good at it, y'know?? As of now, I'm practising with books and pens and whatever else I can lay my hands on. The splash and crash will just have to be imaginary. I'll say it again, I've never wanted to do anything this bad...

Except for maybe the time when I wanted to be a lawyer. Sorry Shin, this will probably be a repeat of the email :)

I did you know. I really really wanted to be a lawyer. But when I realised that being professional might not go down well with your integrity and conscience, I gave up on that dream. The important thing for me was to be able to go to bed every night with a clear conscience. And I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that as a lawyer. Of course, upon graduation from childhood adolescence, I soon realised that most other careers will eventually lead you down that same path and it's just a matter of how you deal with it. Slapped myself in the face with that one.

I still think about it occassionally. Not as often as I used to when I was younger. Reality hits hard. Saw this job ad for sales/marketing execs, no job experience required, for a UK-based company, travel opportunities, intensive training provided. I'm suspicious of course. I mean, if it was such a big-shot company, surely they would list their company name in the ad. And surely they'd want someone with experience. Travel opportunities? To where? The emerging market in China? See, the cautiousness is coming out. But I'm going for it anyway. What do I have to lose eh? My dad asked what I would do if there was a job opportunity in Perth. I said I'd be very tempted to go. He said he would definitely go. And, I quote him, "after all, what the heck? You're still young!"

What the heck. Indeed.

although something tells me I'm not getting any younger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger