"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

TV Mobile rocks! (ok, that's quite a nerdy thing to say, I realise...)

I thank God for TV Mobile. I know, when it first came out, there were mixed reactions with some people hating it and some people loving it. And some people sitting on the fence. I was one of those sitting on the fence. You know, I rarely have an opinion on things but when I do, I make it a point to REALLY let it be known.

But anyway, I have been converted. TV Mobile is the only place I get my news updates from now. I don't have time to read the papers in the morning and by the time I get home, it's like the day is almost over so what's in the newspapers isn't news anymore. So on my way to work and back, I watch TV Mobile to get my news snippets. And today on my way back, I caught a bit of the National Day Rally.

Now, I'm not much of a patriotic citizen. In fact, more often than not, I have made fun of the government and disagreed with the way things are done. I have turned my nose up in disdain at fellow citizens and questioned policies implemented. BUT, today as I was watching the Prime Minister give his National Day speech, I was moved. I was sincerely moved. And I applaud the man. It's not easy to be a leader in these times. And much as I hate to admit it, he's seen us through. Our government has seen us through. And I must say, I'm grateful for our leaders. They've done a splendid job. I'm proud of the way we've come through our crises as a nation (I'm starting to sound like the guy who writes the PM's speech huh). And you know, when the PM was delivering his speech, I felt like he really understood what we're going through, young and old. He understood the plight of those who got retrenched and still had 8 mouths to feed and he understood the frustrations of the young ones who have yet to get a job. For once in my life, I felt like this was the guy I wanted to be my Prime Minister.

Ok, this whole post is totally uncharacteristic of me. I've not suddenly been brainwashed by the government, don't worry. I just have an opinion on this and remember, when I do have an opinion, I REALLY make it known. So here's to you, PM Goh, and the spiffy job you're doing. And here's to me getting a job soon... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger