"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

The Bizzare, The Exhilarating and The Painful

The Bizzare:
A while ago, I had this really really strange dream about someone I knew from Murdoch. It's kind of an embarrassing dream (nothing dodgy, don't worry) and he's not even like close to me or anything. Today, he calls me up out of the blue and asks me out for dinner. I can't even remember the last time I saw him. It was probably in Perth or something. But it was a nice surprise. It's nice to be remembered :)

The Exhilarating:
Today, I typed and handed out 3 invoices to the relevant editors for the writing I did. Which means........ $$$. Hehe... it feels good to hand out a letter to someone, asking them to give you money. Oh yeah ;) So, I guess I'm not really working for free entirely. I do get paid for the articles I write. First feature out in October! Gosh, I'm pretty excited hey :) Getting published has been a lifelong dream of mine. And even though it's just a tiny article in a magazine I don't even work full-time for, it's still a pretty big deal to me. You know, when I was young, I used to make my own magazines :) I'd take big pieces of paper, draw on them, write out a content page, write stories and even draw out a bar code on the back page :) I loved writing. I still do. And that's how this blog came about. And I love having people read the stuff I write. It connects me to them. I mean, look at all of you. How many of you got to know me through this blog? I wouldn't have had the amazing opportunity to meet (well, not literally) such wonderful people :) So yeah, i'm enjoying it :)

The Painful:
Got a paper cut. Through my cuticle. That's got to be the absolute WORST place to get a paper cut. Guys: your cuticle is that tiny piece of skin (membrane? I dunno what you call it) that joins your nail to your finger. One word - OUCH.

But I've had a good day. I hope you all did too :)

Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger