"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, July 27, 2003

I think it's really strange that National Day's coming up. Not that it's strange but it's weird that I'm actually around for it. I haven't been home for the last 4 national days so it's really kinda weird that I'm here now. Usually what happens is the Singapore Link (which I think was pretty malfunctional) would organise some event. And it usually had to do with food. I never participated of course, perhaps because I was neither particularly patriotic nor eager to spend time with people in the Singapore Link. Maybe it was simply that I didn't miss home at all. BUT, there was this one year, it was 2001 I think, when we discovered the parade online and my flatmate and I were so excited that we actually watched the whole thing (well, almost) online. It was quite funny because the narration would lag behind the actual events. Or was it the other way round? Anyway, that was a rather interesting experience. It was also probably one of the RARE moments when I felt a leeeeeetle bit homesick. Just a little :)

It's back to work tomorrow. There's much to be done. Interviews, various arrangements, errands. If I ever run my own company, I'll make sure I pay the interns. At least $10 a day or something. Or lunch money. Ugh, am feeling the strain. I went to the ATM the other day and got a shock when I saw my account balance. Not a pretty sight I can assure you.

So the Singapore convos have come and gone. Yet another batch of fresh grads competing with me for a job. Such is life, isn't it? :) Here's me, turning my back to the academic life and there's dad, absolutely relieved he doesn't have to pay for my school fees anymore :)



Have a fantastic week people :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger