"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, July 21, 2003

Thoughts

Got this from D W's site. I think it makes perfect sense. In fact, it's reality speaking. It's completely matter-of-fact yet infused with poignancy.


"After a while you learn the difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul. And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning, and company doesn't mean security, that kisses aren't contracts, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head held high and your eyes wide open with the grace of a woman not the grief of a child. You learn to build your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain and futures have a way of falling down mid-flight. After a while you learn even sunshine burns if you get too much. So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers and you learn that you really can endure, that you really are strong, and you really do have worth. And you learn and learn, with every goodbye you learn." - Veronica A Shottstall


I hope I've accepted my defeat with the grace of a woman and not the grief of a child. I hope I've behaved well. It's always been my intention to be gracious in "losing" and yet, it's not "losing" to me. It's not exactly "defeat" because it isn't and wasn't a game. Victory (or defeat, for that matter) is the result of a competition, a game, a war. And I wasn't in any of these (although maybe sometimes you thought it was war *grin*). I fought hard but I also know when it's time to stop fighting. And I have. I've stopped fighting. Simply because I know I should. I believe that a gracious woman knows when it's time to stop struggling and let go. And it's not about anger, bitterness nor resentment. Because these things eat at you. They gnaw at your soul and will eventually consume you. It's about forgiveness, grace, kindness. Why? Because it was about love. It's just what Jesus would do. In fact, it's what He did.

So I leave you with these thoughts and the hope that those of you going through a rough patch in your relationships will be encouraged and uplifted in spirit. It's not about winning or losing but about trying your very best and being brave enough to leave it behind if need be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger