"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Food Sampling

It's not even mid-week and I'm so tired hey... probably because I've been running around doing errands. Been at Orchard quite a bit, returning clothes that were borrowed for photo shoots, doing this that and the other. I'm now in the awful process of cataloging heaps of photos. And when I say heaps, I actually mean files and files and files. The BIG ring type files. There's an entire cupboard of these files. And the photos are actually the negatives so when I file them, I have to look at them against the light or put them on the light box. Every time I look at the cupboard, I want to collapse and cry. And it's taking me so long to do the stuff too... I started yesterday and I'm nowhere near done.

On a lighter note, I went for a food sampling thing today at the Suntec Convention Centre. It was organised for the press as a prelude to the food festival that's coming up. Being the first-class idiot that I was, I had a full lunch before going for the sampling. Anyway, when I went there, there were lots of good food cooking, funny drinks, unheard of brands and established restaurants all showing their stuff for us eager beavers to sample. Listened to a guy telling me about oxygenated water, listened to another talk about apple cider vinegar and chatted with the Billy Bomber's guy about the restaurant and the closing of its branch at Holland V. Here's some publicity for them - their milkshakes are really good! Also walked over to the Spanish restaurant booth and was invited to eat a pickled garlic (!) I was like, "you sure my breath isn't gonna stink after this???" They went, "Nonono... it's very nice.. trust us" *big toothy grins* I was reeeally apprehensive about that one but nevertheless, being the gungho fake reporter, I popped one into my mouth and crunched away. MAN! It was so sour! And the guy very happily told me that the sourness takes away the stink of the garlic. YOU DON'T SAY?? Believe me, I tried very hard to keep a straight face but it was so sour I had to quickly take some of my Billy Bomber's milkshake. The texture was quite nice though, not unlike chewing a macadamia nut. It's just a lot sour-er.

Finished off the day by returning a huge bag of maternity clothes to a shop at the Meritus Mandarin. Couldn't resist shopping in town after that but the crowd and my aching feet soon led me to the bus stop. How people can have the energy to go party the night away after work is totally beyond me. I'm all for a relaxing cuppa with good friends after a long day though. And I need that foot spa membership. Heck, I need a total spa membership.

You know what? I wonder if I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I found myself going to bed last night, dreading the thought of waking up and going to work. I don't want to dread going to work. Work has to be something I enjoy. At least I have nice colleagues, although I take offense at being called the "work placement girl" and the "intern" by the editor-in-chief. Surely you can remember my NAME?? It's not like you have 200 staff there. There's only 9, including me. Even if she called me Michelle or Vanessa, it's at least giving me some dignity. Don't you think names are so important? If they weren't, why do we have them? We could just go identified by serial numbers. Names are what give you a human touch. Why do you think it's rude to call someone "eh!". Sigh. I could go on but I'm tired and hungry. This argument will have to wait another time.

I hear my dinner calling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger