"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Today is the last day of the Great Singapore Sale 2003

Had an eventful day today, tiring but eventful. Went to Plaza Singapura for lunch after church and then spent the day shopping with Hannah. Both of us bought a ring that's really gorgeous :) It's a silver ring with 7 circles of coloured glass/plastic dangling from it. And because they dangle, they're sort of in all different directions so it looks like you have a flower on your finger. Ok, I'm not really good at describing it but it's really pretty :) She bought the pink and mauve one while I got the olive green and ochre one. Here's a little secret: I'm actually looking at my finger as I type and after every sentence, I pause to admire the ring. Heehee :) I also realised that I'm the only one in my cell who wears her rings on the index finger. Even the lady at the store remarked that I automatically put the rings on that finger. But she also said it's fsahionable to do that nowadays. Hah! I'm fashionable ;) Ok, here's another secret: a good ring looks better on the index finger when you're strumming the guitar ;)

Ok, so that was the ring part. Then we went to Orchard Rd and made our presence felt at various must-go boutiques. We went to Mango, which is having a great sale, and ohmygoodness was it packed or what?! The whole store was in a mess! But the most annoying part was yet to come. I had selected the top I wanted to try and was in the fitting room area. Now those of you who've been to Mango will know that the fitting room isn't really a room and the cubicles aren't solid cubicles. They're actually pieces of canvas (is it canvas?) held together by metal poles. I've never been comfortable with the Mango cubicles because I always think that people can see through the slits in between the canvas. There's no lock and nothing to tie the "curtain" down. So anyway, I was desperately trying to get into this top (I kinda underestimated my size...) and because it was a halter top, it was kinda skimpy so I was trying to change as fast as possible. Then this lady pulled back the "door" of my cubicle a little bit and said she had got the medium size for me. I was shocked but more annoyed. I mean, here I am, changing with my arms through various straps of clothing everywhere, and here's this lady thinking she's talking to her friend. And she didn't even bother to ask if her friend was inside! Ok, so I thought it was a one off thing and continued to struggle with my top. Then she did it again!! And suddenly, I had to move to the other side of the cubicle and try to cover as much of myself as possible. I don't think she looked at me but I was super annoyed. She realised it wasn't her friend in the end because I wasn't responding. Then she walked up and down calling out her friend's name frantically. It was soooo annoying! Not to mention rude! And I have a low tolerance for rude people.

When I finally got out of the cubicle (and the top), I told Hannah about it and she said she'd also heard the woman yelling and she got annoyed too. Sigh, some people do things without thinking. Good thing she didn't pull the whole door back though. I would have roared in her face. Like ROARED. I was that annoyed. It probably didn't help that I'm pmsing. So I get annoyed easily :)

Took a bus home from town and because it was crowded, I had to stand. It was a Super Bus without seats in the front of one side, where they have an empty section for people to stand. And because I was wearing a relatively short skirt, I didn't want to go up the stairs to the second level. So there I was, standing and minding my own business, when the bus driver decides to be funny and jerk the bus. That caused me to tumble forward INTO a guy. I was totally embarrassed but what do you do in situations like these? I did the only thing I could do. Laugh. And apologise with a really sweet smile. The poor guy kept looking back after that. I think he was afraid I'd bulldoze into him again. This reminds me of the very first time I attempted skiing in the Alps and I skiied right into this guy (whom I kinda had a thing for ;)) but that's another story.

Oh, you know the groovy guy who plays music and sings Christian songs in the Orchard underpass? Well, the other day when I was in town for the product launch, I walked through the underpass and he was singing "Just The Way You Are"!!! I was totally taken by surprise. I wanted to run up to him and give him a hug for playing my favourite Billy Joel song :)

Little things make my day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger