"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, July 19, 2003

She called me Melissa!!! The editor-in-chief called me by name!!! Ok, so I get ecstatic over little things. I can't help it, I'm easy to please ;) Yesterday, the beauty and lifestyle editor dumped a stash of nailpolish on the table and told us that they'd been opened for photo shoots and we could help ourselves to them since they can't be sold again. Perks of the job ;) Suddenly, I found myself being the sample girl. My nails were being painted and the rest would just decide which colour they wanted by looking at my nails. I ended up with my hands looking like that of a drag queen's.

Mmm... I love lazy saturday mornings. Lazy saturdays, rather. I have the entire day to myself and I can decide exactly what I want to do with it. I love 5 day work weeks :) Had dinner with my cell last night then went off to play some pool. Had quite a bit of fun :)

Managed to hand in my first draft yesterday but I do think my writer's block has had a somewhat semi-permanent effect on me. I feel like I can't really write anymore. Maybe it's because I don't have anything to say and I'm just blogging for the sake of it. I know this is something my fellow bloggers have gone through as well. After a while, blogging just loses its kick and you wonder if people really want to read about the fried rice you had for lunch and whether or not someone called you by name. I guess I love blogging because I see interesting things everyday and I want to write about it. Like the posters that have been springing up saying, "'I wish for peace', said Max the rabbit. His friends gave him drugs, now he can't kick the habit." (may not be word for word accurate), and the fact that Christmas decorations are already coming up in Orchard Road. Maybe I just haven't been seeing interesting things lately. But aren't things interesting because you make them out to be?

So maybe I'll just blog if I have something interesting to say. And if you really want to know what I had for lunch, you can flooble me. Here's yesterday's for free - I had a baked potato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger