"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Friday, July 25, 2003

I'm In Pain : (

I had an accident in the office today. Bright and early too, like within the first half hour of work. Good thing the office was still pretty empty. Anyway, I was on the phone interviewing this lady and when I stood up, I didn't realise that my shoe got caught in the mess of wires under the desk and I TUMBLED to the ground, hitting the chair and landing on my knee, ending up with a carpet burn. The THUD was so loud that my colleagues on the other side of the cubicle came rushing over to find out what had happened. For some reason, it was not embarrassing at all (since there were no males present!) but it was TREMENDOUSLY painful. The next half hour was spent washing and disinfecting with Dettol. When my colleagues saw that the skin was still pretty raw and bloody (sorry, I know it's a bit graphic), they got out the yellow ointment and dabbed it on my wound. SO nice of them!!

But the bad part was that I had 2 events to attend today - a Versace men's fragrance launch and a Locman launch at the Beaufort. And the really bad part was that I was wearing a SKIRT. Which proudly displayed the artistic wound on my knee (which was now a mixture of red, grey and yellow). Yay me. The Versace event was terrible for me because they didn't start on time. It was supposed to start at 4.30pm but by 5.30pm, they still weren't starting. I had to just grab a press kit and leave for the next event at Sentosa. Getting a cab was terribly difficult as well cos it was raining. I was more than half an hour late for the event but ended up being one of the earlier people there. Ended up enjoying the event a lot. The food was great, got to meet a lot of people, collected a number of namecards :) and there was also a nail bar set up and we got our nails done. The lady painted mine pink and sparkly, which I thought didn't really suit me but ah well, it was fun.

I have another food sampling to go to on Wednesday. Now these kinds of events, I like :) Am gonna miss the perks of this job hey... oh well, we'll see what the Lord has for me next. Have a good weekend, people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger