"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Saturday, August 02, 2003

Can you spell "c-o-n-s-t-i-p-a-t-i-o-n"?

I recalled a funny thing that happened to me when I was in primary school. The teacher was asking how many of us had ever had constipation. Since I used to zone off really easily in class, I only heard the big word "constipation". I had absolutely no idea what constipation was but being the show-off that I was, I put up my hand with much zeal. I thought I could show everyone that I knew a big word. The entire class erupted in guffaws and even the teacher was trying not to laugh when he asked, "Melissa, you have constipation?" I quickly turned to a neighbour and asked what "constipation" meant, and upon receiving the answer, turned a bright tomato red and hurriedly said "NO". Lesson learnt - don't be a smart aleck.

Today, as I was walking to the MRT station after work, I went past a sundry shop and saw packets of shower caps with the label "head fashion". So, that's what people are wearing nowadays is it? I feel so unfashionable. Monday, I shall go to that shop and buy me a shower cap so I can wear it down Orchard Rd. So that's why I'm not getting enough dates... I'm not wearing "head fashion". Now I know. I'm glad my eyes were opened. Note to self: Buy shower cap. The one with the pink flowers.

I'm zoning out again. If you ask me whether I have constipation now, I'll put up my hand. That's what happens when my brain goes into screen saver mode. System alert: Your brain will automatically disconnect in 5... 4... 3... 2...*click*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger