"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

I'm ANGRY

It's a sad day for humanity. So cliched, I know. But think about it. Isn't it a tragedy that the phrase, "it's a sad day for humanity" should be so commonplace that it becomes a cliche? That aside, it is a sad day for humanity because some mindless, stupid, pathetic beast decided to set off a car bomb in front of the Marriott Jakarta. I'm so bloody angry I'm on the verge of spewing an entire blogful of vulgarity. Then again, I don't know that many vulgarities so it would probably be very repetitive. But I'm SO ANGRY! CAN EVERYONE JUST STOP THE STUPID BOMBS?!?!?!?! Why are people trying to kill one another?!?!?!?! JUST STOP IT!!!!! Can't they see that they're being childish pricks?!?!?! Ok, really, pardon the language. I know this is nothing to some of you but coming from someone who doesn't swear a lot (in the past, anyway), I find myself offensive. And yes, if you suspected it, I'm much angrier because they bombed a hotel. My heart goes out to the Marriott group. You know, I think when you're in the hospitality industry, everyone else in the industry is like a brother to you, even if they're miles away (and even if they're your competitors). It's like, you look out for one another. I imagined the shock of hoteliers worldwide and I told Mandy, "Imagine coming to work the next day and realising that half your colleagues aren't going to be around anymore". On my way home on the train, I saw the roof of the Marriott Singapore sticking out from amongst the other buildings. I just felt so forlorn. So sad. I'm just really really angry with the stupid people who did this. For some reason, I can't think of a worse word than "stupid" so it'll just have to be that for now. Something's happened to my vocabulary.

You know what the incredibly difficult thing is? Loving the b******* who did this. I'll be the first to admit I can't do that. Not on my own anyway. It does make me wonder how Jesus could love me in spite of all that I am.

Sigh. Please. Just stop the bombings. Please. Killing people to prove a point is one of the most selfish things to do. Please. Don't set off anymore bombs.

Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger