"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Caught up with a friend over dinner at Nooch last night. Nooch is really one of my favourite places for eating and chatting, not because of its food (which is so-so and highly-priced) but because of its feel. It's got a warm-glow-open-zen-like thing going and I like it. Makes it a good place for chatter.

Anyway, so we got talking and I knew 95% of the conversation would be about her work. Simply because she loves it. Like LOVES it. And good for her too. But our conversation made me realise how much things have changed since uni. How our paths have been chartered. Looking at her, it was hard to tell she was 23. She was very much the businesswoman, all corporate and grown-up. Me? I'm still very much a little girl. Call it stunted growth if you will but I'm in no rush to be careerwoman of the year-cum-mother-of-three. Oh, and I just heard that the Government gives you $20K if you have 2 kids by the age of 28, $15K by 29, $10K by 30 and $5K by 31. I don't think I'm gonna make it hey. I might just make the $5K but it seems to me pretty dumb to have kids just cos you want money from the people in white.

So by the time I got home, I realised that I was really fortunate to still be holding on to my ideals. Things have changed, for example, my English is going to crapsville. But I think my basic beliefs are still there. I hope :)

So here we go. And here we grow (told you my English was going bad).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger