"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hmm... I think I've OD-ed on Chinese New Year goodies. My throat is starting to feel numb. Ugh.. I feel the onset of a sore throat. Bummer. And now I'm trying to make amends by drinking flavoured water. That's probably not the smartest thing to do but I couldn't care less. I think the biggest culprit is the wicked, wicked jar of pineapple tarts. Grrrr... they are soooo good... And of course there's the sinfully sticky nian gao, refreshingly nutrient-less mandarin oranges and salty-high-blood-pressure-cholesterol-pumping prawn crackers. Someone restrain me!! At the rate I'm going, I'm gonna need Philip Wain soon. Or Jenny Craig (for you ang mohs out there). Or Oprah's fitness guru.

But I'm having a blast. I think this year, we've spent the longest time at the paternal grandparents' place as compared to previous years. And that's just cool because I love my paternal grandparents. I mean, I was practically raised by them, having lived with them for the first few years of my life cos my parents were busy working and taking care of my brother. Grandpa's nearly 90 years old!! And Grandma's 80+ (us women don't reveal our ages just like that!) I don't know how many more Chinese New Years I'm gonna have with them so it's extra special when I go visit. Even though I don't say much when I'm there. It's just nice being in their presence. And I'm constantly amazed at how alert and healthy they are! So even though you guys don't read my blog, I LOVE YOU GRANDPA AND GRANDMA!! *HUGS*

Other than that, I've had a pretty uneventful Chinese New Year. I'm glad for the break. It's been nice, even though I've been keeping pretty late nights. Late nights aside, here are some recent pix from Derek's birthday, for those of you who have missed my delightful countenance (!!!) :) I know I also promised wedding pix from Ernie's and Wen's wedding but I haven't downloaded them yet.. haha.. oops :)

groupshot
Groupshot!

mel derek
Me and the birthday boy!

Enough for the day. Keep eating, people!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger