"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, February 07, 2005

What a weekend it's been! I finally FINALLY got my hair curled. Permed. I've been procrastinating for, let's see... 3 years?! So now that this chick's got a reasonable amount of disposable income, she thought she'd do herself a favour and go curly! Pix when I get them. Or we could just meet up ;)

So I was at Wala Wala on Saturday night and I have to say, the drinks are unbelievably EXPENSIVE! But the band is amazing!! You really have to go hear them. They are so good. Really. The drummer's cute too ;)

The boss and I went down today to "Heart to Heart Service" at the Home for the Aged Sick. The hotel's gonna be running this toss-a-coin thing and we decided that all proceeds would go to this Home. This is the part of my job that I LOVE best! It's the part that makes doing PR so worthwhile, cos you get to go meet up with people who are doing their best to help the underprivileged and you have the chance to help out and do your bit for charity. We met Sister Teresa Hsu who's this awesome 108 year-old lady who founded the Home and the Heart-to-Heart Service, which gives out food to the needy and the aged. She is one dynamite of a lady! I only hope I get to be even half of what she is cos she is just so awesomely selfless, sacrificial, thoughtful, caring, kind, smart, resourceful and with a heart as big as the world! She's been called Singapore's Mother Teresa. It doesn't matter what she's called. In my book, she's a groovy mama! Inspirational.

And so the Chinese New Year festivities draw closer. I await the dreaded day with much trepidation. More "Wah, so old already ah?!?" doesn't really put me on top of the world. It's harmless I guess, but so very annoying. Eeeeeee...

And so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger