"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Monday, January 24, 2005

I have found yet another new love. And it's not doing much to keep my figure slim. I have fallen in love with kaya toast. Thin layers of kaya and butter sandwiched between crisp rectangular slices of bread, with a divine serving of 2 half-boiled eggs (pass the pepper and soya sauce please), downed with a cup of steaming authentic teh. Glorious.

Funny thing was, I never liked kaya. I pretty much abhorred it. I mean, think about it. It's EGG jam. Eww... :p But the other day, I was out with my colleagues (during working hours! *gasp*) and we went to Golden Mile complex where they had the most amazing set I'd had! It was called the Breakfast Set (mind you, I was having this at 5.45pm) and included all the things I mentioned above, for a mere $2!! TWO dollars! It was really really good. I mean, REALLY yummy. And I wanted more after I'd finished everything! This was sort of an epiphany for me.

People are easily fooled by my size and don't often think much of my eating prowess. But I assure you, I CAN EAT. Ask May. When we were out at dinner the other night, I was so hungry I wanted to eat a cow! And when some other colleagues and I were sitting down to dinner at the Cafe, they were absolutely mortified at the amount I was chugging down! So when I talk about kaya toast and eating heaps of it, you'd better believe it.

And now is just the perfect time to log off so I can head to bed with visions of sweet kaya toast, delicate soft-boiled eggs and fragrant teh in my sleepy little head. Mmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger