"I believe in Angels because the Bible says there are Angels; and I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God" - Billy Graham

Sunday, January 23, 2005

After lunch today, we headed to the Ridout Tea Garden McDonald's at Queensway. You know, where they have the Japanese garden with all the little turtles? Then as we broke up to go our separate ways, I just decided I would walk home. To put it simply, I had a Forrest Gump moment. Now, to do this, you must have a certain level of childlike ignorance. Ignorance of the concept of distance. I didn't really know how far it was or how long it would take me. I just wanted to walk. Never mind that the sun was BLAZING. Never mind that I was in flimsy flip flops not made for long distance walking. Never mind that I had a heavy New Living Translation in my bag. I just decided to walk. And walk I did. And walk. And walk. Without stopping except at traffic lights.

Along the way, (like when I reached Holland Village) there was a banner for "brisk walking classes". I thought that was funny. And then at one of the bus shelters, there was a poster with a wheelchair-bound girl saying "My feet may be weak but I am not". How apt I thought :)

It was really interesting, my little adventure. I reached home with terribly sore, blistered feet, a soaking wet body and a face that was red, pink, white and damp with perspiration. Like I had just done the MacRitchie cross country.

Well, my journey made me realise that I live in a very westernised part of Singapore. Apart from the fact that it IS geographically in the west, I didn't really pass much "typical" Singaporean housing. Mostly they were private houses which looked like they could have come out of Australia and even America. I didn't feel like I was walking in Singapore. Felt like Malibu for some reason... clear blue skies, hot sun, occasional breeze. Not that I've been to Malibu. Just felt like what I think Malibu would be like :)

Reminded me also of the time I walked from SV to Freo. I can't remember how long that took but today's walk took me about slightly more than an hour. Feels good though. I think I walked off my lunch, my strawberry sundae and probably last week's meals as well. Ok, maybe not :)

I feel good :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


She's feeling:
The current mood of jhuiping at www.imood.com




Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter


PEOPLE
Andrew
Elizabeth
Esther
Wen


BEAUTY QUEENS
Bobbi Brown
Guerlain
Prescriptives
Stila


CHOW TIME
Pierside Kitchen&Bar
Indochine
Whitebait&Kale
My Secret Garden
Saint Pierre
Cafe Society


KEEP UP
Channel NewsAsia
The Beeb
CNN
The Australian


CROSS WORDS
Bible Gateway


SEARCH PARTY
About
Alta Vista
Google
Yahoo

Powered by Blogger